Warning: preg_match() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /home/clickdot/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-block-parser.php on line 417
Warning: strlen() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/clickdot/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-block-parser.php on line 489
Listen to this article!
When you go on Instagram from a computer, you can view Posts, Stories and even Follow others. But you may have discerned a lack of the direct messages feature.
Well, good news. There’s actually a way to do it. Here’s how to DM on Instagram from your computer.
First, you will need to configure your browser to replicate a smartphone.
If you’re on Safari;
- Go to instagram.com and login to your account
- Click on Safari in the menu bar go to preferences and then check show develop menu in the menu bar
- Click on Develop in the menu bar, then user agent and look for Safari-latest version of iOS-iPhone
This will change the appearance of Safari to replicate the browser of an iPhone.
For Google Chrome;
- Login on instagram.com and right-click anywhere on the screen
- Go to inspect and then click on the toggle device toolbar button
- Refresh the page and exit out of the inspection window
Once your browser is configured, the direct messages shortcut will appear on the upper right corner, like the mobile version.
You can read and reply to your previous messages attach pictures or start a new conversation by clicking the plus sign.
You can also post to Instagram from the web as well. Once your browser is configured, you can post a picture by clicking the plus symbol and uploading an image from your computer.
- Anirudh is the Editor in Chief and Main Writer at Clickdotme. He does not like describing himself in the third-person and had a hard time coming up with these two sentences!
- How To2019.10.29How To DM On Instagram From A PC & Mac
- Apple2019.09.11Apple Event 2019: iPhone 11 Pro, Apple Arcade, iPad, Watch 2019 Announced, Price & Availability
- Apple2019.09.10Apple Downplays Google Report As ‘Misleading’
- Apple2019.09.09Apple iPhone 11 Event: How To Watch, Start Time, Livestream Options, What To Expect