Listen to this article!
Huawei was outlawed just over a month ago, as the firm has attempted to comply with the U.S. China trade war by Google’s Android and Play Store Apps.
This commercial conflict seems to have slowed down as US President Trump revoked the ban on US technology firms operating with Chinese multinational Huawei on the fringes of last week’s G20 summit.
Almost immediately, Google restored Huawei’s access to Android, Play Store and services according to reports.
Google was not the only one to be prohibited from working with Huawei – other US firms like Qualcomm and Intel, as required by the US government, have been constrained from selling technology products to China’s beleaguered technology giant.
On Saturday, however, President Trump softened his approach by stating, “American businesses will continue working with Huawei”, on the sidelines of his encounter with President Xi Jinping, China.
Although the ban was not really enacted, it certainly initiated a boost in Huawei’s future product strategies, due to a 90-day period before it began — they also rapidly started working on their HongMeng OS — an alternative to Android.
Trump added, “What we’ve done in Silicon Valley is incredible and nobody has been able to compete with it, and I’ve agreed to allow them to continue to sell that product (to Huawei),”
As far as we know, Huawei’s ban on the sales and rollout of the 5G technology in the USA is still in place while firms such as Google and other Silicon Valley technology businesses have been allowed to restore company connections with Huawei and Honor (sub-brand of Huawei).
- Anirudh is the Editor in Chief and Main Writer at Clickdotme. He does not like describing himself in the third-person and had a hard time coming up with these two sentences!
- How To2019.10.29How To DM On Instagram From A PC & Mac
- Apple2019.09.11Apple Event 2019: iPhone 11 Pro, Apple Arcade, iPad, Watch 2019 Announced, Price & Availability
- Apple2019.09.10Apple Downplays Google Report As ‘Misleading’
- Apple2019.09.09Apple iPhone 11 Event: How To Watch, Start Time, Livestream Options, What To Expect