Listen to this article!
After much anticipation, Apple announced four new products/services in Monday’s event at the Steve Jobs Theater. Tim Cook made it clear that Apple’s primary focus would now be on services.
- Apple News+ — The Apple News app now has a subscription service which features more than 300 magazines, as well as The Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal and access to premium digital publications. The new app is now called Apple News+. It costs $9.99 per month.
“We think Apple News+ will be great for customers and great for publishers,” Tim Cook said at the event.
- Apple Arcade — A game subscription service that lets users access an extensive stash of games that play on iOS, Mac, and Apple TV. The platform is still open to game developers. After Google launched Stadia last week, it was anticipated that Apple would venture into gaming. There was no mention of the subscription cost.
- Apple Card — In the keynote, Apple insisted this would be a game-changer in the credit card business. Apple claims this card would be devoid of any fees. Apple promises 3% daily cash on everything you buy from Apple, 2% daily cash every time you buy something using Apple Pay and 1% daily cash at stores, websites, or apps that do not take Apple Pay.
- Apple TV+ — The most anticipated announcement turned out to be such a big dud. Apple got a bunch of big-ticket actors like Steve Carell, Jennifer Aniston, Oprah and Steven Spielberg on stage. However, none of it felt convincing enough to warrant a subscription fee, which was again left unannounced in this event. The one great thing about this was the unexpected roll-out of Apple TV+ to Samsung, LG, and other Smart TVs as well as Roku and Fire TV.
“Great stories can change the world. We feel we can contribute something important to our culture and to our society through great storytelling.”
Originally published at lifedotme.in on March 29, 2019.
- Anirudh is the Editor in Chief and Main Writer at Clickdotme. He does not like describing himself in the third-person and had a hard time coming up with these two sentences!
- Apple2019.09.11Apple Event 2019: iPhone 11 Pro, Apple Arcade, iPad, Watch 2019 Announced, Price & Availability
- Apple2019.09.10Apple Downplays Google Report As ‘Misleading’
- Apple2019.09.09Apple iPhone 11 Event: How To Watch, Start Time, Livestream Options, What To Expect
- Android2019.09.07Update: CamScanner Android App Is Back On The Google Play Store