Listen to this article!
Fitbit announced on Wednesday the launch of its new Versa 2, set to arrive in stores on September, 15.
This, following the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2, which will be out on September, 13. Considering how Apple also usually has its iPhone launch event in September, it will be interesting to see how the smartwatch war plays out.
The $200 Fitbit Versa 2 has many features that stand apart from the competition. It has a better OLED display, a faster processor and longer battery life along with Amazon Alexa connectivity. Also, the smartwatch comes with a Spotify integration.
The Versa 2 also has a special edition that has a different type of strap. The Versa 2 Special Edition comes with an additional polyester webbing strap as well as a rubber strap.
Every version carries an aluminium casing, with NFC onboard, which means contactless payment on Versa 2 with Fitbit Pay. Also included is a 24/7 heart rate tracker. It has a 50M water resistance so that you can use it without any worries inside the pool.
There still no built-in GPS, which means you will have to carry your phone for your runs.
Fitbit has also added an Estimated Oxygen Variation Graph, which is to be launched on the Versa 2 at a later date.
It also offers all regular modes for fitness tracking running, cycling, yoga and new sleep monitoring. The new Sleep Score function provides a comprehensive breakdown of your sleep patterns based on your heart rate.
Fitbit is also introducing a new Fitbit Premium coaching and fitness management service. It costs $10 a month or $80 a year and is not limited to Versa 2.
Fitbit Premium will provide guidance and workouts covering everything from exercise regimens to weight loss and calorie-counting guides. Including what Fitbit promises will be a tailored blend of recommendations based on your fitness data collected.
Fitbit also announced a new $50 basic smart scale called the Fitbit Aria Air that measures weight and BMI.
- Anirudh is the Editor in Chief and Main Writer at Clickdotme. He does not like describing himself in the third-person and had a hard time coming up with these two sentences!
- Apple2019.09.11Apple Event 2019: iPhone 11 Pro, Apple Arcade, iPad, Watch 2019 Announced, Price & Availability
- Apple2019.09.10Apple Downplays Google Report As ‘Misleading’
- Apple2019.09.09Apple iPhone 11 Event: How To Watch, Start Time, Livestream Options, What To Expect
- Android2019.09.07Update: CamScanner Android App Is Back On The Google Play Store