Listen to this article!
It may only have been two years for Microsoft Teams, but the group chat platform is already bigger than one of its primary rivals. Microsoft has announced more than 13 million active users per day in Teams.
When we look at weekly active users, the amount increases to 19 million. This implies that the service is now formally larger than Slack, an independent online chat and collaboration platform.
The only other update the business provided was back in March when the firm reported that 500,000 organisations were using the software. This is Microsoft’s specific information on its group chatting platform.
Microsoft discussed some upcoming features for Teams in addition to the news about the audience size. Today, what it calls ‘ announcements ‘ is being made available to highlight important news on a channel.
Later this month, it intends to make the channel moderation and priority notifications available to a user every two minutes before a reply. Finally, cross-channel posting will come “soon.”
In March 2017, Microsoft introduced Teams to customers on Office 365 subscriptions and then added a free version in July 2018.
Since the launch, the service has been pitched as a substitute for Slack.
Gaining a considerable audience size over two years when Slack has been around since August 2013 is a feather in Microsoft’s cap and may be a reason why it has chosen to wait so long to announce any figures about Teams.
Apparent comparisons aside, there are plenty of cases where Microsoft and Slack are not targeting the same audiences.
Microsoft has become a well-established enterprise reputation, and it is a preference for organisations operating in an ecosystem as part of Office 365.
Slack continues as an option for smaller or even big organisations that depend more on Google services.
- Anirudh is the Editor in Chief and Main Writer at Clickdotme. He does not like describing himself in the third-person and had a hard time coming up with these two sentences!
- Apple2019.09.11Apple Event 2019: iPhone 11 Pro, Apple Arcade, iPad, Watch 2019 Announced, Price & Availability
- Apple2019.09.10Apple Downplays Google Report As ‘Misleading’
- Apple2019.09.09Apple iPhone 11 Event: How To Watch, Start Time, Livestream Options, What To Expect
- Android2019.09.07Update: CamScanner Android App Is Back On The Google Play Store