Listen to this article!
The latest experiment by the Mozilla Foundation attempts to combat extensive information collection and cyber crimes.
Mozilla is offering Android users a faster and privacy-focused browsing experience through its “experimental” new web browser, Firefox Preview.
“Today we’re very happy to announce a pilot of our new browser for Android devices that is available to early adopters for testing as of now. We’ll have a feature-rich, polished version of this flagship application available for this fall,” Mozilla said in a blog post on 28 June, 2019.
Mozilla, which is a non-profit organization stated that while Firefox Focus was “continually enhancing” over time it realizes users are looking for a “full mobile browsing experience, but more safe and private than any current application.”
“With Firefox Preview, we’re combining the best of what our lightweight Focus application and our present mobile browsers have to deliver to produce the greatest mobile experience in the class,” the blog post said.
Firefox Preview is powered by GeckoView, the mobile browser engine owned by Firefox. Firefox’s “faster-than-ever” preview is twice as fast as earlier versions of Firefox for Android, with a minimalist start screen and lower navigation bar.
It also flaunts Collections, a new feature that helps users “Save, organize, and share collections of sites. Quickly save and return to tasks like your morning routine, shopping lists, travel planning and more”
Firefox Preview also blocks trackers by default, offering users “faster browsing and fewer annoyances.” “Speed improvements are driven in large part by the comprehensive tracking protection that is on by default in Firefox Preview,” said Vesta Zare, a senior product manager at Firefox Mobile.
You can try the preview here.
- Anirudh is the Editor in Chief and Main Writer at Clickdotme. He does not like describing himself in the third-person and had a hard time coming up with these two sentences!
- Apple2019.09.11Apple Event 2019: iPhone 11 Pro, Apple Arcade, iPad, Watch 2019 Announced, Price & Availability
- Apple2019.09.10Apple Downplays Google Report As ‘Misleading’
- Apple2019.09.09Apple iPhone 11 Event: How To Watch, Start Time, Livestream Options, What To Expect
- Android2019.09.07Update: CamScanner Android App Is Back On The Google Play Store