Listen to this article!
A subsequent release in the US is to follow.
OnePlus claims that it will launch OnePlus TV in September, following the name reveal last week.
Pete Lau, CEO of the company, announced the launch date in a post on the OnePlus forum.
OnePlus plans first to release the device in India, followed by a North American launch at an unspecified date, Lau added in the blog post.
Lau explains that OnePlus is launching OnePlus TV first in India because the company has content partnerships to make the device work.
“We all know, ‘content is king. We have always had a very positive relationship with content providers in India… which guarantees great content for our users.”Pete Lau
At the end of last year, Lau first began speaking about the aspirations of his company’s TV. The CEO said that the OnePlus TV would feature both a camera and a deep integration with the company’s phones in an interview with Business Insider.
Under the latest Bluetooth SIG listing from 9 to 5 Google, OnePlus also uses Google’s Android TV platform. It is expected that the company will continue to provide more information on OnePlus TV in the following weeks.
- Anirudh is the Editor in Chief and Main Writer at Clickdotme. He does not like describing himself in the third-person and had a hard time coming up with these two sentences!
- Apple2019.09.11Apple Event 2019: iPhone 11 Pro, Apple Arcade, iPad, Watch 2019 Announced, Price & Availability
- Apple2019.09.10Apple Downplays Google Report As ‘Misleading’
- Apple2019.09.09Apple iPhone 11 Event: How To Watch, Start Time, Livestream Options, What To Expect
- Android2019.09.07Update: CamScanner Android App Is Back On The Google Play Store