Listen to this article!
Samsung has disclosed that in September this year, it will introduce the smartphone with strengthened exterior design.
The company has disclosed in a press release that it took time to assess the design thoroughly and to improve it. Samsung claims to have strict smartphone tests performed. The blog post has also explained in detail how they improved the Galaxy Fold.
To begin with, the company extended the Infinity Flex Display protection layer beyond the bezel, which was first and foremost one of the leading causes of the design failure. On top of and below the hinge region, the company has added protective caps.
Samsung claims that metal layers under the Infinity Flex display have been added to improve screen protection.
It also reduced the room between the hinge and the body of the Galaxy Fold. Also, it has improved the user interface.
The company states that its foldable UX has been optimized for more apps and services. The Galaxy Fold is being tested, and after it has ended, the Galaxy Fold will be available for customers in select markets from September.
Earlier this year, Samsung admitted the Galaxy Fold was launched a bit too prematurely. Samsung Electronics CEO DJ Koh said that he’s “embarrassed” to have pushed the Galaxy Fold “before it was ready”. Koh added, “I do admit I missed something on the foldable phone, but we are in the process of recovery”.
Samsung is also set to launch its next Galaxy Note 10 series flagship. The firm has now revealed its next Unpacked Event at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, on 7 August.
- Anirudh is the Editor in Chief and Main Writer at Clickdotme. He does not like describing himself in the third-person and had a hard time coming up with these two sentences!
- Apple2019.09.11Apple Event 2019: iPhone 11 Pro, Apple Arcade, iPad, Watch 2019 Announced, Price & Availability
- Apple2019.09.10Apple Downplays Google Report As ‘Misleading’
- Apple2019.09.09Apple iPhone 11 Event: How To Watch, Start Time, Livestream Options, What To Expect
- Android2019.09.07Update: CamScanner Android App Is Back On The Google Play Store